Installing the openSUSE Tumbleweed Image
- Download the latest image at http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/tumbleweed/images/ and choose: 1. JeOS image for a minimal system openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-bananapi.armv7l-1.12.1-*.raw.xz' or 2. Once kernel support for the Mali GPU has been implemented, graphical options will be published as well.
- As root extract the image onto your SD-Card (replace sdX with the device name of your SD-Card). WARNING: all previous data on the SD-Card will be lost.
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX; sync
- Insert the SD-Card with the openSUSE image into your Banana Pi.
- Connect the Banana Pi to your PC via serial port.
- Power on the Banana Pi.
- Walk through the first boot steps on the serial console.
- Have a lot of fun...